Points and grading
The points a learner receives in Classes consist of two parts:
- the points originally built into the sims added to a Class,
- manual grading by team creator and facilitator(s).
Points can be reset, but cannot be edited. For offline assignments (Class modules), and free text questions in sims, creators and facilitators can enter a score that is added to the total Class score.
The Grade answers function, which is available by clicking next to your sim in Classes, includes multiple elements:
1. From there you will see a list of your learners, whether they’ve played the sim, the number of attempts, time spent on the sim, and their scores. You can also view detailed play logs that report learner activity scene by scene.
2. Using Grade answers, creators and facilitators can grade free form answers (possible only in Classes) and offline assignments.
3. Facilitators can also reset scores and completion for individual learners and change which attempt will be the one added to the total score.
The Class Leaderboard
The Leaderboard in Classes is a motivating gamification element. It is an integral part of Classes. It contains the ranked scores of individual learners and their teams. All the learners, creators and facilitators can view the Leaderboard(s).